Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Firing at the Manila Target Shooting Range 6/9/2012

Thank God for deal websites like Ensogo.ph and I was able to buy a membership at the Manila Target Shooting range (see their facebook page click here).  For 750 pesos, I got a 1 year membership with MSR and a free first 50 rounds, gun rental, and instructor.

The voucher should expire today June 12, so I decided to go to the range with Kuya Ryan, my law school buddy who also bought a voucher, and my bestfriend, Diana Roselle last Saturday (June 9).

We head off to the Shooting range by 3pm.  It was sunny and hot.  But that did not dampen our enthusiasm for our first experience to fire.



Kuya Ryan and Diana before we went in the office.

There were other first time shooters when we got in. The sound of guns being fired sent me chills. I got excited and afraid at the same time.  But knowing that it is a gun club and people there know guns, I relaxed in the thought that professionals handle the shooters.

We waited to fire for about 2 hours after signing some membership forms and waivers.  Shooting is a dangerous sport, it seems to me when I read the forms, I almost gave up the idea that I was shooting that day.  But since we have spent time going there, there is no way I am not going to try to shoot.

We were informed also by our very cordial instructor for the day, Kuya Jimmy, that they get around 200 shooters a day. Some workers from the surrounding offices de-stress themselves during lunch breaks firing at the MSR range.  It is not surprising, he said, that there are people like us who get in and wait for an hour or more to shoot.



Kuya Ryan reading the papers while we wait for our turn



My bestfriend who is a nervous wreck but still can smile while waiting to fire



Me at the MSR lobby.  The shooters can be viewed through the glass behind me.

The MSR offers shooting gear, from vests, to holsters ( if I am not mistaken), to protective eye wear, to ear plugs.  For shooters and gun club members, they can use the eye protector and ear plugs for free too.  Water is being sold there too at 10 pesos per bottle.  Comfort room is also available.  I guess it would be better for them too to offer sandwiches and coffee to club members while they are waiting, with fee of course.  But it seems that MSR is too small for this. Perhaps a vending machine for coffee and other drinks would do.


Kuya Ryan shoot first with Cal. 45. Don't know the make. Hahaha =D Perhaps as we progress as shooters, hopefully, we get to know more about guns and ammo.



I shoot next. The feeling is awesome. The first time I fired, my grip was loose that I felt the gun fly. =D I was holding a Cal.40.  I rested in between rounds since my arms grew tired.  Oh I need exercise.



That's my bestfriend, the last one to shoot.  Kuya Jimmy, MSR's shooting staff, thought us how to handle the gun.  Since I had a marksmanship session at the UP Diliman firing range a year ago, it was easy for me to understand what Kuya Jimmy was telling us.

At this point, all we focus on is firing. No techinicalities, nothing about the guns, just the experience of shooting.

In the middle of my shots, I can hear myself swearing with excitement as I hit my bulls eye thrice in a row.  I even bit my lip while shooting. I guess this is how i like it. I LIKE IT SO MUCH.

Since the range is indoors, you can expect the smoke to build up after firing 250 rounds.  We asked Kuya Jimmy if there are any outdoor range for MSR members. He said they are working on an outdoor range at Tagaytay near Splendido where we could fire long arms, rifles, and even AK-47s.  But the membership is a bit higher than MSR Pasay.

Membership with MSR Pasay is 2,500.  A member gets free gun rental, gear use and free instructor.  Members are entitled to one free guest.  Free entrance for guests plus 561 pesos for 50 rounds and 1 target board.

I will still check with MSR when we get back how much do we have to pay for the bullets as members who bought the vouchers. I read that we are entitled to 50% off the price of the bullets.  Would love to fire a hundred rounds next time we go back there.



Kuya Ryan after shooting with a .45



Us Girls after shooting with a .40 =D With Kuya Jimmy of MSR as our instructor for the day.

We were grinning from ear to ear after firing. We have conquered our initial fear when we get in the range. We have fired for the first time and we are looking for more opportunities to get back in the range. We super enjoyed the experience.

Thank you Ensogo.ph and Manila Target Shooting Range for the awesome experience. We will definitely go back there soon.

.
Diana's first time to shoot video. =D

1 comment:

  1. you can check out my site for the best investment in Tagaytay, SPLENDIDO.
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/6166958/SPLENDIDO+TOWER+1+and++2+CONDOMINIUM+Tagaytay?event=Search+Ranking,Position,2-15,35

    " I sincerely guarantee to serve you with my full efforts to attain the best service that you deserve for choosing the best offer FILIPINO RESIDENTIAL AND LEISURE HOMES".

    - Ms. Emma Ignacio, Vice-President of Sales Marketing of Fil-Estate Inc.

    Contact Details
    4040879 (02)
    +63-928-320-1249 (Smart).
    +63-923-704-8664 (Sun).

    ReplyDelete