Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Boracay October 2012

Going to Boracay has always been a dream, yet I couldn't find the time to go. Thank Goodness for an invitation to attend a wedding with my bff, I checked out Zest Air and Cebu Pacific and got our tickets the next day upon receiving our invitation.

I initially booked the 3 of us (my bestfriend, my sister, and me) to fly via Zest Air to Kalibo and proceed to Boracay last October 27.  However, my criminal law finals got in the way so I booked a flight to Caticlan in the morning of Oct 28 to reach the wedding scheduled in the afternoon.

Here is my sister and bff's itinerary last October 27, 2012

* Manila to Kalibo via Zest Air - 3pm
* From Kalibo International Airport, my sis and my bff took a tricycle to get a van at the town plaza.  Both get dizzy aboard aircon vans so they took an ordinary van (non-aircon) with open windows. - 4pm
Note: Tricycle ride cost 80 pesos; Van ride fare 180 pesos
They reached Caticlan Jetty Port by 6pm. Terminal fee is 100 pesos. Pump boat ride: 30 pesos (for night trip)
* They reached Cagban Port by 6:10 pm and retire to Sanderswhite Resort at Station 3.  A room for 2 costs 1,200 per night.

My Itinerary

* Manila NAIA Terminal 3 to Caticlan Airport via Cebu Pacific
* Godofredo Ramos Airport to Jetty Port (75 pesos fare: Tricycle and Boat ride)
* Jetty Port to Cagban Port via pump boat
* Cagban Port, tricycle to Sanderswhite where I met with my sister and bff

From their Sanderswhite room which I found small and unworthy of the 1,200 per night cost, I found another hotel where a room is offered for the same price. Good for 3. With a big bathroom, with bath tub and best of all there is WIFI access.  ACQUITEL.  It is at station 3, near La Carmela de Boracay.  Once in La Carmela, take the street towards the beach, turn left at the alley before the Tourist Police Post. La Carmela is constructing another building so it is a bit dangerous to walk towards Acquitel at the time we went there.  But the stay is nice. The bed and the sheets comfy. And at 1,200 pesos for 3 people per night, I think I got a good deal.  There are 1 queen sized be in our room and a single bed.  There is also hot water for the shower.


Me and the Bestfriend at the Acquitel Lobby


We attended a lovely wedding at Seawind resort. Enjoyed the next day looking and eating around Boracay. We also enjoyed the beach and the clear water.


The wedding Set up ta Seawind Resort



The Sand at Station 1




We had some coffee in the evenings when we are there, some beer the night before we leave. All in all it was quite an experience. Jonah's milkshake is the bomb. There are lots of things we failed to try, like bananaboat or the helmet diving. But we will definitely go back to try more of what Boracay has to offer.  For now we are satisfied having enjoyed the beach and the water, and having witnessed a lovely wedding in Boracay. 

What Iam raving about Boracay: 
White BEACH!
Clear water 
Sandbar in the mornings
Jonah's milkshake

What I am not feeling so good about:
Commodities cost more than that in Manila 

TIP: When looking for breakfast, check out the eatery at the D'Talipapa, they are open 24 hours a day and they serve good food. Breakfast starts at 85 pesos.  

6 comments:

  1. Both of you look so beautiful and love the smiles. I really love the boracay beach, so amazing and the white sand with soft sand, so much like it... A lot of tourist see visit in boracay philippines because of the wonderful beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rean. Looking forward to going back there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit on the nail, Ms. Sheryl. Majority, if not all, of the supplies and goods here in Boracay cost much more than those in Manila. Vegetables, for instance, are sourced from Baguio, Mindoro, Romblon and other neighboring islands. But that's how it is in tourist destinations, I suppose.

    Good luck in your law studies! Criminal law is a killer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BoracayStories. I felt like I was in Makati while in Boracay when I compare prices. I bought a kilo of banana in D'Talipapa and it costs the same as in Manila, so it was just like I was at home.

      Thank Goodness I am done with it. 9 more subjects and I hope to graduate from school. Soon. And then a trip back to Boracay is in order. Hope to meet more people from the Island this time. I was not able to socialize much and get to know people when I was there.

      Delete
    2. The banana you bought came from Davao, I guess. Good thing you're not conscious about food miles. Otherwise, you won't buy most of the fresh produce here because they're source from other places. Lol!

      You'll graduate from law school soon? That's good to know. Then it will be off to the gruelling bar exam. Really, good luck. Law subjects can be both fun and boring.

      Make sure to do some water activities when you'll be here. And don't forget to visit Mt. Luho to get a view of the island.

      Delete
  4. That i'd do. ^_^ thanks so much and see you soon

    ReplyDelete